I will describe it detailed
1. Network connection is set up with Barry's simple.
2. I use an Acer Extensa 7630
3. The Puppy Linux Slacko 5.3.1 is on an USB (Kingston).
4. When writing this I use the PLS.
5. It works perfect.
6. I never lose the connection when working in it.
7. I can now reboot whenever I now want, and there is no problem getting automatically reconnected.
8. I can turn off the PC and boot agin, and no problem whatsoever.
9. I can turn off the router and keep the PC on, and it reconnects when router is turned on again.
10. I can turn off both the PC and the router, boot again and there is no problem being connected.
11. When I close down at approx. 2200 pm tonight, I power off both the PC and the router.
12. I will restart both at approx. 1900 om tomorrow, and this will happen if I boot the PLS 5.3.1:
* there will be no wlan connection and I will hva two choices:
13. either set up a new connection through the setup system, it works that way
14. or reboot and boot the Linux Mint which connects to the wlan.
15. if rebooting with PLS after no14 everything works perfect.
so we could say I use Mint to wake up PLS...
16. so this only happens if pc and router have been powered off for a long time
(I have found out that about 1 hour is the critical time).
17. there is never any problem with Linux Mint (Isadora no 9), if that is used alone.
18. when trouble occurs a rfkill list all says hard blocked: yes
a couple of times rfkill unblock all + ifconfig wlan0 worked, but only a couple of times.
no connection on first boot if PLS is the one booted, after approx more than 1 hour with no connection due to powers off.